Friday, August 9, 2013

Playing with Shapes

Hello Crafty Peeps, This is my 1st post for Linnie Blooms.  My name is Kimberly Congdon.. aka Scrap It Girl. 
I am currently working with Linnie Blooms as the Design Team Coordinator and Designer.  I have known Linda Barutha for a while now and couldn't wait to work with her and her awesome design team.   I am so excited for Linda to finally bring her creative art to life and turn them into canvas mixed media shapes.  I am a friend and fan and I can't wait for you to get your hands on some of her shapes.  
Each day Linda has been introducing you to members of her team.  They, are then introducing you to a few of the mixed media shapes.  Today, I am supposed to introduce myself.. but it's hard to talk about me.. so I will skip that part.. but if you want to know more about me, please check out my blogor Facebook page.  
I have only just recently started to play with her shapes, here are 3 projects I did using her bird, flower petal, heart, sunflower, mini blank  and butterfly.  You can alter the shapes any way you want and use any mixed media products.

Bird & flower petal, used blue gelatos & Heidi Swapps Tropicana Teal color 
shine.
Bird & flower petal, used blue gelatos & Heidi Swapps Tropicana Teal color shine.  
Sunflower made into a sun, used Stencils for texture and Heidi Swapps Gold 
Color Shine. Butterfly painted blue and stamped.
Sunflower made into a sun, used Stencils for texture and Heidi Swapps Gold Color Shine. Butterfly painted blue and stamped. 
Heart painted with acrylic paints.   The Canvas blank painted white. I then 
used a stencil with liquid pearls, slightly distressed and added some 
bling.
Heart painted with acrylic paints.   The Canvas blank painted white. I then used a stencil with liquid pearls, slightly distressed and added some bling. 
Now that you have seen 3 simple projects from me.. please check back daily to meet and see what the other designers show you.  They are so amazing!  Please visit our Facebook page to keep up with our I Spy Game.. who know's you could win a set of shapes.  We are trying to hit 550 likes by next weekend.. so give our page a thumbs up.   We love comments too!~ 
Linnie Blooms Designer & Team Coordinator , Kimberly Congdon (Scrap It Girl)  

No comments:

Post a Comment