Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Guest Designer-Teresa Cash

I totally enjoyed this piece I designed for 
Linnie Blooms. 
I used the canvas long blanks <--(click the link to see).   The  canvas long blanks come 2 to a pack, they are lined, and have a colorful backing.  I could actually see attaching 2 blanks together to create a banner then attaching wire or ribbon to the top as a way to hang it. (in fact that would be a terrific Christmas present for someone, wouldn't it?) The edges of the blanks are sewn so it looks like I had to get out my sewing machine.  Luckily I didn't have to because that is the way they came! 

The blank is 12" x 5" which turned out perfect for lettering, especailly since I have a tendency to write on a large scale.  I added multiple layers of acrylic paint, stenciled quite a few time,  wrote on it and I glued on words.  I am impressed with the quality of the canvas.  



1 comment: