Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Journal by Guest Designer Cheryl Dossey

My Journal – Created for Linnie Blooms
Here is my latest project featuring Linnie Blooms canvas shapes and a composition book.
I usually pick up several composition books each year during the back to schools sales. This one was the basic black and white. It’s now a bright, happy butterfly themed journal ready to be logged with all sorts of creative thoughts and ideas.  I love journals; I have art and written journals, as well as, one just for creative ideas or projects.



I really enjoy using Linnie Blooms canvas shapes in my projects.  The rough edges add great texture and dimension.  The butterflies were first painted using watercolor crayons. I then added a butterfly transfer to each one in black.
The background of the journal is a piece of patterned butterfly paper that was then painted with white paint using a brayer. I also added vintage ephemera scraps, and some washi tape. The words were done using rub-ons, stickers and cut with a silhouette cutter.
 It was a fun project and I’m looking forward to receiving new shapes soon.
Happy Creating!!
XO, Cheryl



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!! Might be stealing my girls' composition notebooks!!

    ReplyDelete