Wednesday, October 16, 2013

So Thankful!!!



Hello! When is the last time you noticed the beauty around you? I am so very thankful for the air I breathe, the beautiful colors of fall, and just all the little things we sometimes take for granted..

With that in mind.. I created this mixed media "folkart-ish" canvas..  I live in the heart of farm 
country so my inspiration came from a country drive I took.. All the rolling hills, crops ready to be harvested, pumpkin patches, and of course the changing trees, all in different stages.. It's all is soo beautiful..

I painted my background with acrylic paint, then detailed with oil pastel sticks... Later I stamped a few swirls and music notes for interest.





I used Linnie Blooms Canvas Tree Shape to add texture for the "country feel".. I painted it with acrylic paint as well.. 



 I added Linnie Blooms Leaf Shapes (colored with acrylic paint and distress inks)  to the top corner.. 




I finished with pumpkin, roses, moss, a few touches of orange, and a quote..

Hope you enjoyed my last fall project!! On to Christmas!!! Dont forget to check out Linnie Blooms Shop for all her mixed media goodness! And also Check out my blog for all my latest projects :D

1 comment: