Thursday, November 14, 2013

Christmas Memories 2013

Hey there! I know Thanksgiving is just around the corner and here I am posting Christmas crafts.  Well I'm here to tell you the earlier you start the better.  Now is the perfect time to start creating the base of your Christmas memory book.  That way soon as December rolls around you will be ready to jump right in and start creating those holiday memories.

So, let's get started on what I created.


This year I decided to create a non-traditional Christmas memory book, non-traditional in look and in color.  I want a more vintage look for my book this year.


To get started, I first cut a sheet of acetate to size.  This is done to protect the different layers of my flourish pocket as I begin to distress it.


Here I began covering only the flourish section of the pocket with a liquid adhesive.


After this section is evenly and completely covered with adhesive, start sprinkling glitter of your choice.  Be sure to add a heavy coat of glitter to guarantee good coverage.


Next, I applied light molding paste mixed with TH reinkers.  First be sure each section is completely dry before moving on to add another medium.  For the color, I actually mixed two different ink colors until I was satisfied with the outcome.


Each flourish pocket has a loop hole at the top, this is a great feature as you have the option of threading ribbon, twine, wire, etc through the opening.  I chose to use seam binding and create a double bow.  Using a safety pin, thread the pin though the ribbon, then thread it though the loop.  After this is done tie your bow.


Add tags, metal embellishments, mini pine cones and there you have it.  A very vintage looking distressed flourish pocket.  I just love the stitching that shows through the stencil.

So while you are finalizing those Thanksgiving plans, take a few minutes to pull out those Linnie Blooms canvas shapes, patterned paper and mediums then get a head start on creating a Christmas album.  These also make for great gifts.

To keep up with how I complete my Christmas memories album, please visit my blog here.  On my blog starting December 1st I will begin sharing (weekly) how I complete each page until December 31st.  I hope this has inspired you to get started on your holiday albums.

Until next time

Kisha 

2 comments:

  1. AHH!! I love the Molding paste on there!!! Brilliant! Actually, the whole project is brilliant looking!! Awesome work Kisha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it--- that stencil pattern is lovely

    ReplyDelete