Monday, May 5, 2014

Creative use of stencils

Hello and Good Monday Morning,

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend. Today, I am here with a fun mixed media project using the flutter stencil and mask, canvas shapes (sunflower), and burlap (teal).


  I started out with a 6 x 6 block of wood. Then I just randomly painting the background in ocean-ish colors with a little touch of yellow ;) I got creative with the flutter stencil of the owl and turned it sideways to make it look like a fish. Painted the fish with cute little faces. Cut and added the canvas sunflowers using glue. Next, I painted them and added a little burlap to the tops of them. I also used a button, washi tape, some words, black colored pencils, and gel pens. Once, I was all done I sealed it.




A couple of close ups for you! What journey will you embrace today? 

Hope your have a creative day!
Kim H

4 comments:

  1. This is adorbs!!! I love it how creative to use the owl as fish and the flowers as the fun ocean accents!!! great job friend!!! loves-Scrappin Madge DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute, fun and bright.. so creative..fabulous project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn adorable. Those fish are way too cute. Love the colours--so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete