Friday, August 21, 2015

Blue Bird Holiday Card



Hello.  Ann here today with some early Holiday Season inspiration.  I know that the weather is so nice now it is hard to conceive that the Holidays are coming, yet they will be here sooner than we realize.  So while we are having a heat wave in my neck of the woods I am working inside my air conditioned house designing Christmas cards.  So here is my card:




To make this card I used a pre-made white base card (5 x 6 1/2), and some scrapbook and card stock papers as layers (5x6 1/2, 5x 6 1/4, and 4 5/8 x 6 1/4).



 The focus of this design is the Blue Bird (I was inspired by the Blue Jays that are usually flying around in the winter here).  The bird is a canvas die-cut by Linnie Blooms.



I used some Gelatos (creamy acrylic water soluble pastel) in a bright blue, a Teal, and a White.  With some water I smudged the colours with my fingers into the canvas.


I made the birds eye with some Puffy Fabric paint in black and a faux black rhine stone.  I made the branch by using the stencil (also from Linnie Blooms), a faint pencil tracing and filling in with some more of the black puffy fabric paint.



 Once the black paint was dry I distressed it with some white Gelato pastel. I added three light green leaves in more Gelato and glued on some red glass seed beads.



 I made the snowflakes from white paper and a punch, and glued the flakes to the card.  The sentiment (which is so shiny the camera did not make it out) reads Merry Christmas.  I made that with a good old Peel-Off sticker I had and a piece of white scarp of Card Stock die cut with a Little B die.

The supplies I used:
Linnie Blooms Bird
Linnie Blooms Stencil "Flutter"
White pre-folded card Recollections (Michaels)
Card stock in Dark Blue (scrap from my stash)
Metallic Scrapbook paper scraps in Light Blue, and White (From my stash)
Little B™ Die "Party"
Snowflake punch
Red Glass Beads (MultiCraft)
Puffy Fabric Paint in Black (Craft Medley--MultiCraft)
Black Rhinestone (Dollarama)
Gales by Faber Castell (White, Teal, Blue, Green)
Double sided Adhesive Tape (3m)
Aleene's Tacky Glue



To see more of my projects and how to's, please come over to my Blog at www.annmakes.blogspot.com.    Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment: