Wednesday, August 26, 2015

POE Mini banner

Hey Everyone, Dawn here again with another Fall project.  In my store we are working on Fall and Holiday projects so I'm all in.  This would make a nice hostess gift for a Halloween Party.
I love ravens...I even named my car Raven so when I got this stamp I had to use it...this is just the beginning for this stamp. :)

 I used the Linnie Blooms 11x5 canvas to make my mini banner. I also used the Linnie Blooms canvas fence.
 So I got out some inks to decide what exactly what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted a night sky and maybe some moonlight.
 Couldn't get exactly what I wanted with moonlight but I do like the color. And I inked the fence with Distressed ink Vintage Photo color
 Then I had the idea to stamp the image on the canvas and emboss it with a new black glittery embossing powder I just got but it didn't work...oops.  hmmm....I do like the glitter it left behind but the image is too light. So..........
 I used a piece of suede colored paper and stamped the image on it and then inked it and left a little glow around the raven for the moonlight I wanted. :)  Then stamped POE..just because.
 I added the "grass"...which is just a piece of fiber I had and the fence with the little spooky card and pumpkin to the bottom of the banner.
 I used the Tim Holtz chitchat words for Beware and hung it on the tree branch along with the moon.
 The moon and raven look like they are discussing who is spookier...:D
 My husband painted the tree branches with black Krylon paint for me.
 I used Twinklets on the tree to give it an icy look...I LOVE how it turned out!  I used little clips in the corner and some ribbon and trim to hang it.  *Tip* I also put a popsicle stick between the clips (and held by the clips) in back to keep it from buckling when I hang it. :)
 I used Diamond Stickles to bling a few things like the pumpkins eyes.
 I just love the Twinklets on the black branch. When the light hits it..it really sparkles.
 And there you go...:)

I hope you enjoyed my project and it's very easy to make.

Check out the other projects on the Linnie Blooms Blog for more great ideas. 

And please check out my store page on Facebook. Morning Star Crafts and Collectibles for even more ideas and fun. 

God Bless,
 ~Dawn Mattson

No comments:

Post a Comment